Friday, November 20, 2009

Interwebz speedz

I have a confession to make.

I am still on a low-speed internet service. I know, I know. My job relies on a proper internet service, right? I have what Comcast calls 'Performance Lite", which is 4mbps/512kps line as it was all I could afford for a long time.

This horribly slow internet is why I lag so much in games and have huge problems with voice comm in games. It's also one of the main reasons I'm so quiet in Vent or TS, because when I talk, it's delayed by 10-15 seconds and it always interrupts someone. I'd rather just stay quiet and not interrupt.

But yesterday, I received a letter from my local electric company saying that they've installed fiber optic lines in my old neighborhood and I can get internet up to 50mbps!! I'm not going to fit the bill for that, but the lowest package they offer is 15 mbps for the same price I'm paying Comcast for 4mbps.

I'm very VERY excited about the possibilities here. No more horrible lag in games (hopefully). No more hiccuping Skype recordings. No more long delays in Vent or TS. No more keeping quiet (ok, I'll probably still do that.)

Take that Comcast, you monopolizing effers.

3 comments:

  1. We have other speed tier too. But if you are not getting the speeds that you signed up for, we'll have to look into that as well. In some areas, we also offer speeds up to 50mbps. Send me the phone number on the account. We will be happy to check what is available in your area. We can also check for better pricing rates for you.

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Customer Connect
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ComCrap is terrible. When AT&T hit our area with their UVerse TV and internet we jumped ship for them and have never had better service.

    The customer service from Comcast was just god awful. Some big corporations try to at least look like they care about their customers; Comcast makes no bones about it, they couldn't possibly care less about you. One time we had to wait weeks for them to come out and fix our internet service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, seriously?

    ComcastCares1 is either a hilarious person or really Comcast (and therefore stupid).

    I can't wait for our faster internets.

    ReplyDelete