Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Year's Revolutions

1. I will give Vegetarianism another chance throughout January. Hopefully, it will last longer this time.
There are several reasons why I don't want to eat meat anymore: health, weight, animal cruelty and I'm so sick of scrubbing grease and fat out of cooking pans.

2. I won't let people get to me as much.
I realize that most of the reason I'm a perfectionist and I overwork myself is because I really care what others think. I want the people around me to be happy, and I want people to enjoy the things I do for a living. Now I just need to constantly remind myself that most of the population will never be happy, and the negative ones will always make their displeasure known first.

3. I need to do more networking and sell myself more.
No one ever knows if their job is truly secure these days, but I've fallen comfortably into this rut of being dedicated to one role. This is not exactly working out for me, for many reasons to which I will not explain here. I just need to network with like-minded people and really establish a name for myself because I KNOW there must be other people like me with the same passion as me who are willing to do much more than simply write as little as they need for a paycheck. I'm just so sick and tired of unmotivated, lazy people.

4. Less stuff for 2010!
One of my resolutions last year was also to get rid of STUFF around my house, and I accomplished that... a bit. There's still so much I need to get rid of, and I know I need to just give it away or something. I miss the days when everything I had fit in the back of my small Ford Ranger.

5. MOVE!
In conjunction with getting rid of my stuff, I've set a goal for myself to move by the end of the year. It might be a lofty goal, but I'm focused on it. The house I live in now will be a rental property and I will be a landlord for the first time in my life. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment